Special Educational Needs And Disability (SEND) Code Of Practice: 0 To 25 Years
At Elements Academy we recognise that children and young people may have a wide range of needs. These may include cognition and learning, communication and interaction, social, emotional and mental health difficulties and sensory and physical.
We work with a variety of agencies, specialist services and health care professionals to ensure that our young people’s needs are effectively identified and addressed.
Special Educational Needs & Disability
The Code of Practice provides statutory guidance on duties, policies and procedures relating to Part 3 of the Children and Families Act 2014 and associated regulations and applies to England. It relates to children and young people with special educational needs (SEN) and disabled children and young people. A ‘young person’ in this context is a person over compulsory school age and under 25. Compulsory school age ends on the last Friday of June in the academic year in which they become 16.
Ethos Academy Trust pay due regard to the following related guidance:
- Working Together to Safeguard Children (2018): Statutory guidance from the Department for Education sets out what is expected of organisations and individuals to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- The Children Act 1989 Guidance and Regulations
- Equality Act 2010: Advice for Schools: Non-statutory advice from the Department for Education, produced to help schools understand how the Equality Act affects them and how to fulfil their duties under the Act
- Reasonable Adjustments for Disabled Pupils (2012)
- Supporting Pupils at School with Medical Conditions (2014): statutory guidance from the Department for Education
Find out about Rotherham’s Local Offer through the link below.